5 fitted kitchen trends to watch out for this year!
Happy New Year! Or is it too late to say that now? Well our first blog for 2019 is all about what we think will be the 5 key fitted kitchen trends that you need to keep an eye on this year, especially if you’re planning on re-doing your fitted kitchen at home.
- Pendant and linear lighting – this style of lighting is making a huge comeback. Pendant lighting styles have been increasing in popularity over the past decade or so. The suspended wires that you get with this type of lighting adds a unique touch to the room. It also becomes a centrepiece of the room, and since the pendant lighting only needs one junction box, you don’t need to worry about a stupid amount of holes in your ceiling.
- Dark kitchens – this point is self explaining! We’ve seen more and more people ask for a dark coloured kitchen as it feels more modern. Why not try combining dark cabinets with a darker counter top? And push the boat out, why not use matte black/dark kitchen appliances for that honed vibe.
- Mixing metals – metallic accents are all the rage right now. They give your fitted kitchen a classy and vintage feel and metal accessories are becoming readily more and more available.
- Storage, storage and more storage – this has and always will be such a big thing in a fitted kitchen, especially if you have a large amount of mouths to feed! But now our kitchen designers are getting more and more inventive with their storage solutions!
- Contrasting textures – the kitchen is the perfect place to play around with contrasting textures. So whether that’s with your tiles, clothes, worktops or flooring, you have a whole host of textual options to play with.
Queenline Fitted Kitchens
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading our first blog of the year! If you’re in desperate need of a kitchen update and you like what we’ve been talking about, why not get in touch with one of our team today and let’s see what we can do for you?